Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A great night of music at Slim's!






Hello there! Been a while since I have done any blog posting but was inspired from the fun we had this past weekend. It was the return of the The Badmen, Hayride to Hell, The Hellbillys, and the farewell Bay Area show for the Chop Tops at Slim's in San Francisco. I had such a great time! How often is it you go to a show and all four bands are awesome! I was having flashbacks to my late teens when I first saw the Chop Tops at a Santa Cruz house party in the late 90s and to further add to the nostalgia I started going to shows at Slim's when I was in high school. My first rockabilly show there was Greaseball ‘97. I can remember seeing flyers for the very first Viva at that show! Anyone remember Greaseball? It would be so fun if that came back! What really added to the excitement for the night was getting to see Ben on stage again with The Badmen. I was so proud! They sounded so good!!! And I swear not just because I’m married to one of them. I actually cannot wait until their next show!

The Chop Tops around 1998, I think...

Ben found the poster back stage for the Radiohead show we went to there in 1995.  
It cost $12 and wasn't even sold out!

THE BADMEN!!!!



Ben!




Hayride to Hell!




Hellbillys!



The Chop Tops!




Ben caught Zach and I enjoying the show...

This show helped to ease my sadness at not going to Viva this year. I guess I’ll survive without a year of Viva but we will be at the Rockabilly Rockout in October for sure!  Also helping to ease my pain is our trip to LA next week! I am even more excited now to see that two great shows at Viva Cantina will be on while we are there! It will be our own mini Viva substitute.  I really hope we can make it to both!



3 comments:

  1. What a great night! Please try and come to the see The Lucky Stars on the 11th. We're opening for them and would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was excited to see that you were opening! My husband and I still get Wagon Wheel stuck in our heads from time to time :) I really want to catch that show so I am sure we will see you there. Would be great to finally meet you!

      Delete
  2. Go Ben! Looks like it was great show--big crowd. Bummer we missed it. Can't wait to see The Badmen again. I remember that Radiohead show. Didn't make it to Slims with you guys that night but remember we saw Thom Yorke do a solo set at the Embarcadero that day...for free?! Those were the days...Love you guys. Jen

    ReplyDelete